Special Note on Erthor: If you "accidentally" assault somebody in the guild hall, prior to Erthor's return, you must go on a very lengthy quest to clear yourself with the guild. Until you complete this quest, Erthor is stuck with you. He will use his Imp Summons and other battle skills to defend your party while you are stuck with him. It has proven very useful.
Erthor the Caveman
- According to his AI setup, once the quest is completed, he should travel between the Mages Guild and the caves, heading to the caves on a Thursday and to Skingrad on a Monday.--Gaebrial 12:18, 25 October 2007 (EDT)
Erthor the Stalker
When I did the Skingrad reccomendation I beat the dungeon, no problem. So I picked up Erthor and checked the room for loot, because it was a new dungeon. It didn't register until the quest popup appeared the it had been Erthor's chest and therefore a crime. So, what all that means is I have been stalked by this creepy little bosmer for days. Days and days. My character is a thief, and its hard to commit crimes when someone is always watching. And my character is also an orc, so I don't need his combat help either. I thought I'd post this, one: To warn people to Keep Away from the Chest because getting back in the Mages Guild is hell. And two: To ask is there an easy way to make him stop following me? He's driving me mad! ThornRose 10:55, 25 February 2008 (EST)ThornRose
- The only way you're going to get him to stop following you is to complete the recommendation quest, which means you're going to need to get back into the guild. You should be able to talk to him and tell him to "wait" though, that'll get rid of him for a while. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 11:55, 25 February 2008 (EST)
His TRUE schedule (for SerCenKing & Rpeh)
Okay, so I have followed this guy around for quite some time, and found a whole bunch of weirdness in his schedule. Normally, I would just change the schedule on his page, but this is so different from the original - and so weird - that I figured I'd post it here first, and let you guys decide what to do with it.
Erthor's complete schedule in my own words:
After the related quest is over he lives mainly in Bleak Fleats Cave but takes a weekly trip to the Guild in Skingrad. Fredas and Lordas he wanders around in the cave, eating for two hours at 6pm and sleeps for 9 hours from 11pm. At sundas, he eats as usual and goes to bed at 11pm, but only for one hour before getting up and begin his long walk to Skingrad. Once he reaches the Guild, he walks up into the living quarters and freezes by the door for the rest of the day. At midnight he goes to bed and sleeps in the living quarters until 8am, where he travels back to the cave. Back in the cave he wanders around, until hitting the bedroll at 11pm. After one hour, when its Turdas, he gets up and takes another freeze, this time in the cave. At 12am, he goes to sleep. Fredas at 8am he gets up and start to wander around the cave once again. Krusty 15:35, 21 February 2009 (EST)
- I don't actually see major differences between the schedule you wrote and the one I wrote. I'll divide up what you said and answer each one specifically.
- a) he takes a weekly trip to the Guild in Skingrad, he does: on Turdas. Since he comes back on Sundas he will stay Fredas and Loredas wandering in the cave because he was no other AI packages
- b) eating for two hours at 6pm and sleeps for 9 hours from 11pm. and hitting the bedroll at 11pm are actually on the page
- c) At sundas, he eats as usual and goes to bed at 11pm, but only for one hour before getting up and begin his long walk to Skingrad. This is because he is scheduled to start the trip on Morndas, so at 12pm of Sundas, which is effectively Morndas, he wakes up, regardless of the fact that he was only slept one hour.
- d) he walks up into the living quarters and freezes by the door for the rest of the day. and he gets up and takes another freeze again, same reason as to why he was wandering the caev: he was no AI packages
- Hope this explained everything! --SerCenKing 16:20, 21 February 2009 (EST)
- Well, I didn't mean major differences like that - but theres some times in there, that we should consider putting into the schedule - or? We're pretty on the spot in the other schedules and list a lot of exact times, and I think that maybe the times about the Skingrad trip should be put on there? Krusty 16:28, 21 February 2009 (EST)
- Done! I added the trip times to the article. Thanks for that! --SerCenKing 16:44, 21 February 2009 (EST)
O' Erthor where art thou?
OK so I got into the habit of having a bunch of followers following me around on various quests, and somewhere along the line Erthor just wasn't there anymore. I did not ask him to stop following me and I did not complete the quest related to him following me. The quest marker for the Skingrad Recommendation quest points to the location of Adrienne Berene in Skingrad where I am supposed to bring him. Any ideas where he might be? --Kulkulkan
- I don't know where he might be, but if you're on the PC you can bring him to you with the following console commands:
- If not... dunno. rpeh •T•C•E• 11:29, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- I dont know just fast travel there he might show up Arny 12:00, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
- I am on Xbox360, no console. I fast travelled to the caves and to skin grad and pretty much everywhere else and he doesnt appear. Does this mean I'll never be able to finish the Mages guild quest line? :-( --Kulkulkan
Have you by any chance took him with you into an oblivion gate. Any follower that is not in the room with the sigil stone in when you close the gate will be stuck there forever. You cannot get them back without reloading an earlier save. --Manic 11:59, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
- I've spent a good 100 hours with this guy, if I lose him, like really lose him.. go look in all the ponds of water that are anywhere near where you last remembered having him - When he goes running off screaming, if we walks into a pond or a river, his AI gets whack in water and he just stops and swims forever.. well, swims until you find him
Erthor the follower
I completed the Skingrad quest and I am now Archmage and Erthor is still following me. I only defeated Mannimarco because Erthor was there to help out. He is still following me and when I did Knights of the Nine I had Erthor, a mage from the Uni, and an assassin all following me to defeat Umaril. I'm now level 101 and He's still following me. Im on the xbox 360 GOTY edition so no consoles. Im not complaining, Im just wondering if its possible to put him back to his normal scheduale. Plz answer ASAP! P.S, is he still an Essential once this quest is over? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 09:30 on April 3, 2011
- Please actually read the wiki before posting questions. First Question is answered here, and the Essential is on this page. It says "Until the end of the Skingrad Recommendation quest". --DKong27 Talk Cont 19:07, 3 April 2011 (UTC)
Thanks DKong27 this place is so big I can hardly ever find anything :). The Random Cow Says Moo 126.96.36.199 16:19, 4 April 2011 (UTC) By the way, how do you make an account?
Click the login button at the top right and then just select sign up. --Manic 12:01, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
Rewriting why he doesn't practice at the mages guild
"However, his questionable work ethic posed a nuisance to the Guild, and he was banished to Bleak Flats Cave, northwest of the city, by Guild head Adrienne Berene."
This implies he was banned from the guild when in reality he had a few "incidents" so Adrienne told him "he needed to practice somewhere else" but he still "came back twice a week to check in"
Rewriting it to say:
However, because of a few hazardous incidents, he was told to practice somewhere else by Guild head Adrienne Berene. Erthor chose Bleak Flats Cave, northwest of the city, to practice in. He usually came back twice a week to check in at the Guild.
Hope this is ok. dtm 11:52, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
- It's perfectly okay, and it was incorrect before; still, if it needs to be changed, Sulinus Vassinus explains the exact incident that finally caused Adrienne to banish him: "A nice enough guy, I suppose, but there was that awful scamp incident last year. That's when Adrienne told him he needed to practice somewhere else." A lot of the Mages Guild NPCs needs reworking anyway, so let's just keep it as it is now. We'll get to it. Thanks for correcting it, though. --Krusty 12:07, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
Erthor in Bruma
While doing the quest A Brotherhood Betrayed in Bruma, Alval Uvani said to Olav "Have you seen Erthor around town lately?" Olav then said "Of course not!" in an angry voice. The weird thing was, aside from being in Bruma, I hadn't even joined the mages guild or even gone to Skingrad (I had just started a new game and went to Bruma). RIM 18:11, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
- The one to check here is Alval Uvani, fairly unique in his roaming. Actually that is exactly why you heard it. This is part of a large set of conversation that can be had amongst NPCs. This one has several checks, including the speaker is not Erthor (check), the listener is not Erthor (check), the speaker and the listner are both not in the Mages Guild (check), and the player has not completed the Skingrad Recommendation up to talking to Erthor in the cave (check) and the most important, that the speaker is in the Skingrad citizens faction (giant check). Because he is in all city factions, He can probably use all kinds of town related dialogue, regardless of where he is when he uses it. I can see things from Cheydinhal and Chorrol at a glance. --DKong27 Tk Ctr Em 19:04, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
- That's what I was thinking too, I wasn't sure if Alval went to Skingrad beacause I had never assassinated him there before. It was just one of the rare cases in Oblivion where the conversation actually almost seemed human that made me wonder if it was a glitch! Thanks for the help. RIM 20:48, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
Needs Clean up?
- Yeah, extensive information tends to do that to an article - we want to cover everything, so there's really no choice but to live with the "blocks of text". This page, however, is not even in the top 50 in the walls of text category - it still needs an image and is somewhat easy on the eyes due to the many conversations. If you need specific information, just skim through it until you find what you're looking for - if you want the full story, it is there for your enjoyment. --Krusty 07:29, 5 October 2011 (UTC)