Hello! I am Bmon419, a fairly long-time user of the UESP site. I only recently created an account for being an editor (October, 2012, if I'm remembering correctly), because the thought of being an editor was a bit intimidating at first. It's not so bad, people are generally friendly when fixing stuff, so I don't worry about making minor errors in my contributions, and I want to become more WikiGnome-like over time.
Who is Bmon419?
- My name is Joseph. I currently live in Colorado, but I have been all over the U.S.
- I started playing the Elder Scrolls in 2005, when I started with Morrowind.
- My wife (then girlfriend) showed me the UESP site back in 2008, when she was doing a playthrough of Oblivion.
- I play the Elder Scrolls on the Xbox platform, but wish I had started on the PC so I could have access to console commands and mods.
- I am currently employeed as a security guard for a tech company.
- I am a veteran of the U.S. Army.
- "Bmon419" is short for Blurred Mongoose, a card from my other nerdly obsession Magic: the Gathering, and 4/19, the day I attempted to create my email account and had to pick a number because all variations of blurred mongoose had already been taken. I was shocked.
- I am a self-identified "nerd," and present myself accordingly.
- I am currently authoring fan-fiction. If that's your cup of tea, check it out. My current project is called "The Broken Blade."
Feel free to talk to me on this site. I am open to discuss anything, and don't be shy with criticism. Even if you are mean (whether or not you think you are being so) I try to take everything said as a call for improvement, unless the person is obviously just trolling. I'm here not only to contribute, but to keep from getting rusty with mark-up skills. And, as long as time permits, I will be on here frequently. Happy editing!