|This page is currently being redesigned for the Lore Places Project (LPP).
The page may need work to meet the standards outlined on the project page.
Gilane was previously a kingdom ruled by King Cephorus I and his Redguard queen, Bianki, in the 3rd Era, before Cephorus' acquisition of the throne in 3E 127. There is evidence to support that there was a king ruling before Cephorus' ascension to the Gilane throne. Cephorus' throne seems to have been unsucceeded as the children Bianki bore him all died during the War of the Red Diamond. Queen Bianki passed in 3E 136. It should be noted that Bianki's existence is challenged in The Madness of Pelagius (and so is the existence of Cephorus' children, if the statement in The Madness that Cephorus "died childless" is taken to mean that he never had children, instead of meaning that he died without any living children).
- Arena was originally conceived as a fighting game featuring a tournament that took the player to each of Tamriel's cities to challenge different gladiatorial teams. According to a file from that stage of development left behind in the final game, Gilane's gladiatorial team would have been called "the Dire Wolves".[UOL 1]
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: The Ra Gada: Hammerfell — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- The Wolf Queen, v5 — Waughin Jarth
- The Wolf Queen, v1 — Waughin Jarth
- The Wolf Queen, v8 — Waughin Jarth
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.