Oblivion talk:Generic Magic Apparel
|Archive 1: July 2006 – December 2009|
- 1 Darksplitter Helmet
- 2 Clarify Level
- 3 Just a quick question
- 4 100% fire resistance
- 5 Mirror Shield
- 6 Leveled (enchanted) heavy armor gauntlets?
- 7 Lightfoot Boots Are Confused.
- 8 Ring of Vitality
- 9 Rings of Health, Magicka and Vigor
- 10 Cuirass of Tenacity and Storm Stomper Boots
- 11 Amulet of Reflection.
- 12 Magic Attire
- 13 Does random magic loot disappear from loot lists after hitting a maximum difference in level?
- 14 Savage Gauntlets
- 15 Cuirass of the Juggernaut
- 16 Any info on bugged random loot?
- 17 Unyielding Curass
- 18 Chameleon robe error
The page describes this as an "Orcish Helmet". This is not correct. The item uses the same icon as an Orcish helmet, but it appears as a chainmail helmet when equipped. 188.8.131.52 13:24, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Actually it looks like an Orcish Helmet when equipped on male characters and a Chainmail Helmet when equipped on female characters. The stats, though, are always the same as for a standard Orcish Helmet (weight 9.0; health 600; rating 5.5). It's definitely a bug though, and not one fixed by the UOP. rpeh •T•C•E• 13:43, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
Nowhere on the page does it say what e.g. "Level 4 (1)" actually means, which makes having that "detail" fairly useless. - Ali 184.108.40.206 12:51, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
- It took me one click to find the necessary information. I've added a clearer link for those who aren't prepared to look. rpeh •T•C•E• 12:12, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
Just a quick question
Do enchantment effects work together? For example: if i was wearing a mundane ring (50% magic resistance, reflect spell 35%), and Mankar Camoran's robe (20% spell absorption), would you be completely immune to magic (50% of spells would be resisted, 35% reflected, & 20% absorbed, totaling 105%)? MrSensiBob 22:13, 14 June 2010 (UTC)
- For the most part, the different effects don't stack like that, no. For a quick summary, read this section: Reflect vs Absorb vs Resist. For more details, your best bet is to read the pages for each effect: Reflect Spell, Resist Magic, Spell Absorption. ‒ Robin Hood↝talk 22:34, 14 June 2010 (UTC)
100% fire resistance
I visited Chorrol and wittnessed Eugal Belette, a member of the Mythic Dawn in a fight with a solder, I killed him and took his house keys, went to his house and in the basement, in a small box on a shelf, i found 100% fire resistance ring, — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 00:39 on 23 February 2011
- There are no set locations of this item, it is always randomly generated. Try enemies that use Light Armor, such as Bandits. --DKong27 Talk Cont 17:02, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
Leveled (enchanted) heavy armor gauntlets?
Hi im looking for the gauntlets of the pugilist because it has more than one effect. Any locations? Been serching this wiki for hours. And i mean level enchanted heavy armor gauntlets on some NPC or anything — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 01:35 on 24 June 2011 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but they are random loot only. ~ Dwarfmp 03:56, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
- I hope in Skyrim the items won't be so random -_-" — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 04:00 on 24 June 2011 (UTC)
Lightfoot Boots Are Confused.
I have this item in my game. it is insane. While I should only have 50 lbs of equipment, my Lightfoot Boots are reporting +200 extra pounds...so the game thinks I have 260/300 encumbrance, when its actually 60/300. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 23:22 on 28 July 2011
Ring of Vitality
There is a glitch with this ring. It is supposed to protect 100% against disease, poison, and paralysis. It works as such for poison (except items that are crafted to override protections -- such as the "poison apples, etc.). It works for paralysis (wear this ring when you are fighting Spider Daedra and you can ignore those little spiderlings that chomp at your heals). It does NOT work against disease. Must be a programming glitch. Your character can still catch diseases from critter and zombies -- even while wearing the ring and the resulting stats page showing 100% disease resistance. So, the Ring of Vitality is really just a poison and paralysis resistance. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 01:46 on 20 August 2011
Rings of Health, Magicka and Vigor
The article says that the Base Ring of Health, Ring of Health, Base Ring of Magicka, Ring of Magicka, Base Ring of Vigor, and Ring of Vigor are available as random merchandise from vendors. I had been looking specifically for a Ring of Magicka for a while, but could not find one anywhere, so I looked around a bit in the Construction Set. To me it seems like these items are not available at all, since its list, "VendorEnchantedClothing", is not used anywhere. Could someone confirm this, since I'm not that good at using the CS. Thanks! 184.108.40.206 18:02, 23 August 2011 (UTC)
- Actually it's used by Rowley Eardwulf, but your point is still a good one. I'll rephrase the note. rpeh •T•C•E• 09:16, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
Cuirass of Tenacity and Storm Stomper Boots
... I can confirm that these appear as chainmail when worn by female characters though they're otherwise Orcish. 220.127.116.11 07:50, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
Amulet of Reflection.
Right, I know I've got a base amulet of reflection. But I cannot remember how I got it. I have googled it loads and checked this site, but I cannot find any page on how I got it. Just this page telling me its stats. Now is there only one obtainable through a certain mission, or is it obtainable through random loot. I will stop looking for it if it is the earlier option.
(GoHurtSomething 20:02, 26 October 2011 (UTC))
- It can be found in random leveled loot, which basically means. It could of been in any chest or on any body you found anywhere. There is not 'set' place to find such items. --Kiz ·•· Talk ·•· Contribs ·•· Mail ·•· 20:03, 26 October 2011 (UTC)
What level do these amulet's and rings appear at (I know they will be in random loot):
- I believe there's no level required for them to show up in loot ~ Dwarfmp 01:43, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
Does random magic loot disappear from loot lists after hitting a maximum difference in level?
i.e., is it possible to out-level an item, in effect rendering it impossible to obtain afterwards -- either from generating NPC's with the appropriate level to carry it, or a dungeon chest? — Unsigned comment by Rd (talk • contribs) at 13:52 on 22 August 2012
These appear to be suffering from the same bug as the Darksplitter Helmet (see top of this page). When equipped by a female character, they appear to be Chainmail, but use the Orcish inventory icon and have all Orcish stats. 18.104.22.168 01:07, 10 February 2014 (GMT)
- Confirmed. They are set to incorrectly display chainmail on female models. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 17:32, 6 December 2014 (GMT)
Cuirass of the Juggernaut
Found another one: Cuirass of the Juggernaut is supposed to be an Orcish cuirass but appears as Chainmail on a female character. 22.214.171.124 16:24, 6 December 2014 (GMT)
- Yes, it's incorrectly set to display chainmail on female models. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 17:32, 6 December 2014 (GMT)
Any info on bugged random loot?
I was playing Oblivion on Xbox when I went into Vilverin.. there, in the same room as Jalbert, I found the 'Greaves of Spell Consumption' in the boss-level chest. The list says it doesn't appear until level 12, and I'm level 1 (as I just stepped out of the sewer). What happened here? 126.96.36.199 14:56, 4 February 2015 (GMT)
Hi yes hello thank you yes i was in the construct set and it had 225 as value for the Unyielding Cuirass but this says 3525 yes which one is not incorrect thank you yes — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 01:30 on 23 June 2016
- The value of 3525 is correct. A mod may be interfering with your stats, as the cs shows 3525 and you can see the other items have that sort of value. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 20:02, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
Chameleon robe error
Pointing out a small error, ive spotted two items of clothing listed with the wrong spawning level - Lesser Chameleon Robe spawns at level 6, while Chameleon robe spawns at level 13. I checked the leveled lists in the construction set to confirm this. I'd make the change myself but as my account is new I can't. Thanks in advance. — Unsigned comment by J0ofez (talk • contribs) at 03:27 on 10 July 2018