Oblivion talk:Xbox/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past Oblivion talk:Xbox discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 Conflict with Vile Lair
- 2 Wondering about deletion of comment
- 3 Separate Purchases for each account?
- 4 Help me out here
- 5 Modding the 360
- 6 Help on The Boots of Springheel Jak Quest
- 7 I need some info!
- 8 I broke out of jail and now....
- 9 News on 360 user mods?
- 10 Oblivion 360 modding
- 11 quest for a mod.
- 12 A Xbox Live requirements page
- 13 Idea
- 14 1080-720
- 15 Typical performance problems
- 16 Disappearing Save Games
- 17 All the expansions
- 18 Lag freeze screen problems with Oblivion
- 19 Save game loading freezing problems!
- 20 Holding Left Trigger increases casting speed
- 21 Moving accounts
- 22 Cyrodiil Construction Charter??????
- 23 What might help the freezing problems with oblivion
- 24 Unofficial official mods patch for XBOX
- 25 Delete All My Saves
- 26 The Thieve's Guild "Stranger" Glitch Help?
- 27 Options on the 360
Conflict with Vile Lair
Thieve's Den worked fine for me without patches. It wasn't until I downloaded Vile Lair and Mehrune's Razor that I ran into problems. I've made the appropriate edit. --OGRastamon 23:17, 18 November 2006 (EST)
Wondering about deletion of comment
In the early history of the page , this line was deleted:
- On the Xbox 360 it is not possible to drop a selected item in your inventory into grab mode; you can only drop items onto the ground, and then you have to grab it.
As far as I know, this is true. My assumption is that the user confused it for saying that either it is not possible to drop items or not possible to grab items. However, someone please correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise, I will reinsert it. --Dylnuge(talk · edits) 18:50, 5 December 2006 (EST)
- After this comment was originally deleted, I checked my Xbox game manual and realized that it is indeed posible to "drop the selected item in grab mode", by using the left bumper while in the inventory menu. I've tested this in game, and does work, just the same way as left click+hold mouse button works on the PC. --Nephele 21:44, 5 December 2006 (EST)
Separate Purchases for each account?
I have three accounts on my Xbox: One for me, One for my brother, and one for XBL. I just purchased Horse Armour, Wizards Tower, and the Vile Lair, and they work on all three accounts. Why does the article say you need to purchase it seperatly for each one? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- That was my experience; the downloads I've made don't seem to be available from my husband's account. But based on what you've said, I'll try testing it some more (although I won't be able to until at least a week from now). --Nephele 03:56, 14 January 2007 (EST)
HERE IS MY DELIMA. I DOWNLOADED SHIVERING ISLES AND PLAYED FOR A LITTLE BIT. I DELETED ALL MY SAVE GAMES BUT NOT THE EXTRA CONTENT. I DID THIS CAUSE IM IN IRAQ AND I WANTED A FRESH START WHEN I GOT HERE. SO NOW THAT I STARTED A NEW GAME SOME OF THE EXTRA CONTENT I DOWNLOADED WILL NOT LOAD ON THE GAME. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHATS GOING ON HERE. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- What exactly do you mean the content is not loading? Have you checked under "Downloads" (i.e., hit the "start" button to get the Options menu, and then select "Downloads")? That list is the best place to check to find out what mods/expansions are available. But you shouldn't go by the quests listed for any new characters that you have started. Any new games you start (i.e., games started at the beginning of the tutorial) will not immediately include the quests from the mods. The mod quests only appear towards the end of the tutorial or even once you have left the imperial prison sewers. --NepheleTalk 02:40, 26 August 2007 (EDT)
Help me out here
I own the 360 version of Oblivion. I have played it for a year. The Gripes are getting to me. I was reading over the Must Have Mods and can't believe how amazing some of them are. They make Oblivion the perfect game. I am now depressed about my 360 version that can't use any of the awesome mods out there.
Does the 360 version have ANY advantage over the PC version? Is there any conceivable way to get any of these mods on the 360? I'm just so depressed! :( (My PC is too terrible to run Oblivion and Oldblivion doesn't sound appealing) — Unsigned comment by Dio 225 (talk • contribs)
- Well i've played Oblivion on both consoles and i must say i found the 360 version far more reliable. My PC is fairly average (Pretty good but not great) with a fair enough graphics card and system, but when playing Oblivion it sometimes crashed. Although crashings were rare, every time i visited Cheydinhal the game slowed down loads because of the river current! On the 360 the game has not crashed once and has slowed down very rarely. Also the graphics on the 360 are better than on most PCs. One fairly big downer about the 360 version though is not being able to use the console.--Willyhead 11:50, 12 July 2007 (EDT)
- I also think that this page is being almost totally negative about the 360 version- no wonder you're depressed. Maybe that should be sorted out.--Willyhead 11:52, 12 July 2007 (EDT)
- Well i just hope that sooner or later they will release a console method for X360, cause until then my messenger kit is only for messenging, even though it has a tilda key..--TrUeSnIpE Z 20:29, 30 June 2008 (EDT)
Modding the 360
there is the article about Transferring Game Saves. Reading through it it looks like this is a full blown modding thing not anything just supported by the 360 thus shouldn't this "article" be moved to the modding and tech support and also seeing as how it has about enough information to be its own page should it?--Most Honored Listener 17:09, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
- I don't see how transferring game saves qualifies as modding. In particular it cannot be used to add mods to the Xbox 360. The only thing that you can do is copy games off of the Xbox. The saved games are still vanilla Oblivion and are fundamentally unaltered. The tools just strip away all of the non-Bethesda content in the saved games but do not change any of the game-related information. Furthermore, since there are absolutely no mods for Xbox 360, no Xbox readers are ever going to look in the Tes4Mod namespace for information. I don't think it will help any readers find the information they are looking for if this information is moved elsewhere.
- As for splitting it off into a separate article, I don't think it's necessary. Yes, that one section is a large part of the article. But the article overall isn't so large that it needs to be split up: it's only 10 kB in size, total. Moving the information elsewhere will just force any readers interested in the information to have download two pages instead of one to get the info they're looking for. Also, there are a fair number of links to that section of the page, both internally and externally. Moving the section anywhere else would break all of those links. Although we could fix the internal links, we can't go and and change all the forum threads, etc., so that they point to the new page.
- So as far as I can tell there no benefits, just new problems, that come from reorganizing the information. --NepheleTalk 17:45, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
- I just thought because with all the programs you needed to actually do that you are modding the save file.--Most Honored Listener 17:57, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
i was looking for a way to make a generic container file to mod oblivion on my 360 and i found this http://www.free60.org/wiki/Generic_Xbox_360_File_Container#Authentication. I also have modded morrowind for my xbox using linux just by putting the mod in a folder so maybe you can do the same with oblivion.
I am looking to edit 2 game files on borderlands but how do I get into the file structure to do so?
Help on The Boots of Springheel Jak Quest
I play on x box 360, I got the boots and in the process of the quest I killed Springheel's servent and I gave gray fox the boots and he wont give me my reward til I pay the blood price so I paid it and went back to the Grey fox and all he says to me is "Not now, I need time to think" How do I get to the next quest with him not talking to me!!!! — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
- You'd be better off asking on the quest talk page. There's some good information on your problem here. --RpehTalk 05:23, 25 August 2007 (EDT)
I need some info!
I need to know what you need for oblivion to work on the pc and how to find out what I already have. Help!
- The minimum specifications for the PC version of Oblivion are as follows:
- Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows XP 64-bit
- 512MB System RAM
- 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
- and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
- 8x DVD-ROM drive
- 4.6 GB free hard disk space
- DirectX 9.0c (included)
- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Keyboard, Mouse
- You can check your own hardware in a number of ways. One of the easiest is to run a DirectX Diagnostic Scan, which can be initiated from the "Run" command located on your start menu. Open "Run" and type "dxdiag" in the command line to bring up the program, which will show you a variety of things about your system's hardware (and certain software and drivers). Also, the website "srtest.com" will scan your computer and determine how well it will run Oblivion. Hope that helps. --SubtleCynicism 22:40, 3 December 2007 (EST)
I broke out of jail and now....
News on 360 user mods?
Gosh, I bet you guys get a lot of crap threads here.
Anyway, I was wondering, has there been any news on user-created-content (i.e. non-official) becoming available? I tried looking for myself (a tried and true tactic) but there was so much to sift through (http://bethblog.com/). So I figure you guys, who know every single polygon of the Elder Scrolls universe, would have some clue.
I'm not only wondering about good news, so if they've said it won't happen, OK, I'd like to know. Thanks for all of your help.
EDIT BY CREATOR: Has NOBODY though of talking to Bethesda about this? I mean, come ON! Bethesda has been completely silent about the whole thing (I just wasted three hours looking for something) and nobody's wondering why? (itsa plot!!111!!1! [bad grammar intentional]) Another thing is the console. Why havn't they implemented it for the 360? I mean, there *is* a keyboard plugin for the controller, why not use it? -Frustrated user — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
- I wonder about this too. It seems like everyone just accepted that there were no mods and asked no questions. It's hard to find an article where Bethesda or Microsoft directly address why it isn't there. All I'd like is an explanation. You'd think that in two years something would have been said. Unak78 18:08, 11 June 2008 (EDT)
- Although it would be awesome, I doubt that will happen soon. At this point, the tech needed to get a construction set on a 360 would cst Microsoft a bundle. For now, unless you can spend $2000 or more on your Xbox, I'd recommend sticking to the pipe welder in your garage.-Puddle Talk•Contribs. 18:13, 11 June 2008 (EDT)
Oblivion 360 modding
Is it possible to transfer unofficial pc mods with xsata or xport to the 360? While many "oblivion experts" say its impossible, few poeple say that it can be done. I've came across different forums also about this concern and people posted that the esp. cannot be activated. Well, with that being said i believe that still some mods can be transfered to the xbox 360, but they can only be remeshes and retextures of weapons, armors, skins, etc . because those mods are automaticly activated by simply putting the meshes and textures in the apropriate files. Take Umbra restored for example, it is an excelent retexture for the sword Umbra in oblivion. The mod has no esp file (not becuase it is corrupt or a modders resource) but it is a simple, but cool and new retexture of the strongest sword in the game. (other retexures like AlienSlof's Better Khajiit mod can be found on tesnexus)Umbra Restored: Unofficial PC mod I am planning to buy xport or xsata soon but don't want to waste $50 on something that might be useless for modding the 360. Although it might not be able to do this, it can still be used to transfer saved games from the console to the pc. If anyone has an xport or xsata please try this for i am eager to have the very good graphics of the 360 while sitting on my sofa and staring at an hd tv with new retextures of weapons and armor rather than sitting in my uncomfortable desk and playing on a crappy pc.
- As it already says on the article:
- While it is possible to access the Xbox 360 with some programs, it is not possible to add mods since doing so would require creating an Xbox 360 container file, which is only possible if you know the encryption method and private key used to generate the hashed security certificates.
- In other words, the problem has nothing to do with Oblivion or its ability to recognize or activate new content. The problem is with the security built into the Xbox 360. All files must conform to the Xbox 360's required security standards, otherwise the files will be completely unusable and inaccessible by any programs (including Oblivion) running on the Xbox 360. And critical details necessary for the security, such as the encrpytion method and private key, are secrets that Microsoft is never going to make public and has invested a lot of money into keeping private. --NepheleTalk 21:29, 13 March 2008 (EDT)
quest for a mod.
Does the Shivering Isles have "the encryption method and private key used to generate the hashed security certificates" on the disk? Is it possible to dump and edit the files from the disk and have it work? Can an already downloadable piece of content be used for a mod? Thanks for any info. NewRed
- the game data is not editable on the 360 Volanaro 06:02, 18 March 2008 (EDT)
A Xbox Live requirements page
I think we need to put down what you need to get on Xbox live, it might help alot of people that are not tech familier with it to maybe get some of the offical mods. so what do you think of this idea.--The Divine Crusader
- It might warrant a brief mention, but this isn't an Xbox help site. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 05:54, 9 April 2008 (EDT)
Can you transfer a file on the 360 to the PC, and then Give the Skull of Corruption to the player. Save. Then transfer the file back? So if this was true, the PC can give the 360 player anything he wants? It sound like it can be done(maybe not). Answer back!
Oh,yea im only asking this because i lost my skull of corruption because it fell through the floor. The PC thing is because my friend has it.
- It's possible to transfer 360 saves to the Pc, but I don't think you'd be able to transfer back because you'd have to create an Xbox 360 container file which is only possible, if you know the encryption method which I doubt anyone here nows. Noivilbo 15:08, 15 June 2008 (EDT)
I have a friend who has oblivion on the 360 (not hms warspite or benny220) I'll try and verify this next time i see him. --Volanaro 07:58, 19 June 2008 (EDT)
Typical performance problems
Regardless of whether you have cleared the cache or not, after way too many hours of playing this game, I have some advice to avoid screen freezes:
If you are playing more than a couple of hours at a time, reboot. As your session gets longer than two hours, you will begin to experience framerate drops when you walk near either water or an oblivion gate. Walk near both at the same time and a screen freeze is inevitable.. 184.108.40.206 10:06, 28 July 2008 (EDT)
Disappearing Save Games
There are two ways that save games can "disappear" from your Xbox 360 saved game list.
1) Power outage causes the 360 to reset to factory date/time. If you save a game without resetting to the current date after this happens, all of your save games will appear at the bottom of the save game list instead of at the top.
2) You have 1000+ save games. Probably the limit is something like 1024. Whatever the limit is, when it is reached you will notice that you can successfully save games however they do not appear in the save game list. To make these recently saved games appear, you must delete not just one saved game, but up to about 10 saved games. Again, not sure of the exact number, but if it is binary-related like the 1024 limit I suggest, then probably 8 is the necessary saved game deletion amount to make your recently saved games appear.220.127.116.11 10:30, 28 July 2008 (EDT)
All the expansions
- (moved from Talk:All Content#All_the_expansions.)
Hi. I have Oblivion and recently purchased the Shivering Isles/Knights of the Nine Expansion. I play on a X-Box 360 that is not hooked up to the internet. I would like to get a hold of ALL the expansions made to date but when I go to the game store the people there tell me Shivering/Nine is the newest expansion and should contain everything. This is obviously wrong and I need a little point in the right direction so I can obtain the cd's and load them into my X-Box. Thanks for the help. ;)Trick153 02:34, 27 August 2008 (EDT)
Lag freeze screen problems with Oblivion
I am surprised that a web page as detailed and deep as this one doesn't have any information about how to fix the Xbox 360 from lagging. I have a Xbox 360 Arcade and over the weeks, the longer I have played Oblivion, the more lag results, particularly outside.
I have found two solutions to this which may elevate this problem:
- Xbox 360 HDD cache clear code discovered [update 1] Also gamingbits.com
HEXUS.gaming reports that a cache clear code has been discovered for the Xbox 360 hard drive via the dashboard's system blade. To perform the function, access 'memory' in the system blade, and then highlight the hard drive. Now press: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X. The following message should appear: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"
If you initiate maintenance, the hard drive's cache will be cleared, including all software updates. Theoretically, this function could be used to un-update Oblivion in order to regain access to the unlimited gold and item duplication glitches. Note: we have not tested this function.
Oblivion uses the Xbox 360 hard drive extensively to cache (copy and reuse) game data. This is done to optimize all loading the game does. It has been found in rare cases on some Xbox 360s that the cached data can get overly fragmented. This exhibits itself by the game taking a long time to load anything from menus, dialogue, sounds, objects, levels, and more.
To solve this problem, reset your Xbox, and hold down the A button as the game is booting up. If any button is held while Oblivion is loading, it will clear its hard drive cache, and create a new one. Once you see the "Bethesda Softworks" logo video, the game is already loaded, and the cache should have been cleared.
Note, this does not effect your game in any way other than loading. You will not lose any saved data.
I will let you know if these work. Travb 13:43, 21 September 2008 (EDT)
- Umm... and what exactly are you suggesting is missing from the article? Both are already covered in the article, specifically under Xbox 360 Fixes and Patches. --NepheleTalk 13:50, 21 September 2008 (EDT)
- My mistake, sorry, I missed that. 18.104.22.168
Save game loading freezing problems!
Argh, why! I was trying to complete the Fighter's Guild questline to get 1250/1250 on this game. I was like 6 or 7 achievements away. I decided to test out the Skull of Corruption/Staff of Worms dupe trick on Casta Scribonnius or whatever her name is. So I hit the clone with my weapon and as soon as I hit the clone, I saved and quit. Now whenever I reload my save, it loads up to about 65% and freezes. Even the autosave which was made when I first entered her house freezes. As for my new character, I haven't tested that yet. I don't want to lose all my progress! What's going on? I've tried holding A during bootup. Allowed the save to load 65% instead of 50% which was a partial relief. Tried performing system maintenance. Nothing. Checked my saves, they're not corrupted. Any help before I break this game disc? Daedryon•T•C•E• 01:37, 8 December 2008 (EST)
- I'm currently having a somewhat similar problem. I recently downloaded Thieve's Den and Battlehorn Castle. I have the Game of the Year edition so I already had Shivering Isles and KotN loaded. Now, no matter what save file I try and load the game freezes after loading about 50%. I never actually get to the game. If it does load 100% I still never actually see game play. The screen goes black and stays that way. I'm not really sure what to do! I tried the holding 'A' down as it loads, as suggested. The only thing I haven't done is the hardware maintenence to delete LIVE updates. Is that the only thing left to try or do I just need to buy a new game disc? --MeBetter87 23:00, 9 April 2009 (EDT)
- I'm having this same issue. I've been playing GOTY for a good long while. I went to load a game save from just after I completed the Sheogorath Daedric quest. It would load for three seconds and freeze. The music would continue to play in the background sometimes, sometimes no. I was able to load my Autosave from ten seconds before that, and continued from there. But any save I made after that would have the same issue. Including the Autosave the overwrote the one that would load. --MykkE 10:17, 25 May 2009 (EST)
- My problem is almost exactly like MykkE's. I'm playing the GOTY edition and am in the Shivering Isles. I may have pinpointed my problem area as Xedilian as any save I make after approaching or entering Xedilian freezes (same symptoms as MykkE) as it loads. Saves from before Xedilian will load -- even if i go elsewhere in the game and make more saves. Once I get near the place though (even before I get the message "You have found Xedilian") any same made after the point will not load and will cause my 360 to freeze. I rented a copy of the Platinum Hits version of Oblivion and tried to load these saves to no avail. I've cleared the cache and even copied both the GOTY and PH versions to my hard drive and tried to load the saves but they still freeze. --Tsukigokim 23:52, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
Holding Left Trigger increases casting speed
That is, holding Left Trigger while rapidly pressing Right Bumper decreases the "cooldown" time between spell casts. Is this my imagination, or has anyone else experienced this? Should this be added to the Controller section?
(22.214.171.124 17:09, 14 March 2009 (EDT))
- I'm pretty sure this is only your imagination, unfortunately. I tried this with various combinations of holding the triggers and tapping the bumpers, but I couldn't see any difference. - Game LordTalk|Contribs 13:12, 15 March 2009 (EDT)
- It's not your imagination,actually,blocking while casting spells does increase the casting speed,by a substancial amount.— Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 23 Aug. 2009
- Actually, if you are standing unarmed, and with your fists down, you will notice no difference in the casting speed of your spells. But, if you are armed or have your fists ready, and are blocking and repeatedly cast a spell, instead of returning to your blocking position and then entering the casting phase again, you simply skip the blocking phase and begin casting again, so it is about 25% faster. Basically, repeatedly casting a spell while blocking with your weapon DOES increase your firing speed.
&%£V£/\/ 05:14, 17 June 2010 (UTC)TESfanatic talk 12:14, June 17 2010
Cyrodiil Construction Charter??????
OK first off the game is great but I bought like every house that you can own in Cyrodiil and this also includes owning the free ones from the updates or game ad on content from xbox live now my issue is i want to put new stuff in the houses and i cant find the place it is talking about on the deed....So where is it? Who do I freaking talk to? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 8 June 2009
- Try searching for the house or add-on pages with the search bar to the left. That should hopefully bring you to the right information--Darth NANAME 00:09, 11 June 2009 (EDT)
What might help the freezing problems with oblivion
try removing your 360 HDD this might help but it is not a guarantee though.
Step 1: power down your 360.
Step 2: remove your HDD.
Step 3: power up your 360.
Step 4: if some how by the grace of god your game loads up, witch it failed to do in the past. ignore the message this game is missing conent that is supported by the save and load the game.
Step 5: Delete all the saves you have ingame only after having a succesful reload of the freezing save of your choice. then create a new save in game.
Step 6: power down your 360, reinsert the HDD.
Step 7: When reloading the newly created save all the stuff that was missing when the HDD was Removed is reset.
Ive concluded that the freezing save problem is caused by a gliche with newly added content. I was able to solve alot of broblems with glitches using this method. However this method doesnt work on every freezing save and or gliche. RESULTS MAY VARY!!!!
... Clear cache? Perhaps? Just sayin'. SDarktimesX5 06:03, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
Unofficial official mods patch for XBOX
I just downloaded several of the xbox live downloads including vile lair, mehune's razor, tomes, etc. I just read that several of the items in these downloads are tied to my character level when they were installed (lv 10) and so they will be no better than the gear i already have. looks like the unofficial official mods patch fixes this for the PC...
Is this patch available for the xbox? I am hoping yes, since it was actually created by Bethesda. Is it an automatic update available through xbox live? Or should I just uninstall the mods and wait till I am a higher level to re-install them?
184.108.40.206 13:46, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- Not that I am aware, since unofficial means it comes from outside of Bethesda. And people cannot make unofficial anything for the 360. --Elliot(T-C) 15:30, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Delete All My Saves
Is there any way on the 360 that I can delete all my saves at once? I have 980 because I would never overight, I would just save again incase I realized whatever I was doing was unecessary, bad idea.
The Thieve's Guild "Stranger" Glitch Help?
After i Stole The Elder scroll,i Gave it To The Gray Fox,he told me to go to Anvil and give the ring to the countess.When i gave the ring to Her He stood up put his Cowl on the Game Froze and said "Disk read error". I play on the 360 version. Any solutions to fix this problem?All Help will be greatly Appreciated.
Perhaps you should check the game for scratches or marks. I often get a few disc read errors with my Oblivion (Xbox 360 version), usually a good clean with a soft cloth works well enough. If it is only at this one particular moment, then I can only suggest loading an older save and trying again. SDarktimesX5 06:01, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
Options on the 360
Is there any way to get the different gameplay options on the 360? I know on the PC you can change things like view distance, quality, all that stuff, and the gameplay options on the 360 only has difficulty. Is there another way to access options? 220.127.116.11 23:49, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
|Prev: None||Up: Oblivion talk:Xbox||Next: None|