|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|The Rear Guard|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|# of Tanning Racks||2|
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Grindstones||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
|# of Iron||1|
|# of Quicksilver||2|
Druadach Redoubt is a small encampment and cave occupied by Forsworn, located southwest of Mor Khazgur and north of the Shrine to Peryite. It has an exterior camp and one interior zone: Druadach Redoubt Cave.
If you sided with the Forsworn in No One Escapes Cidhna Mine, Madanach can be found here and the Forsworn inhabiting the camp will not attack you - although the Forsworn in the external zone may still come to blows with your horse, dog or other pet.
- Bounty: Forsworn: Kill a Forsworn leader for a bounty reward.
- The Ghost of Old Hroldan: Put an ancient ghost to rest.
- The House of Horrors: Help Molag Bal take revenge upon a servant of Boethiah.
- Kill the Forsworn Leader: Do a favor for Jarl Igmund by killing a Forsworn leader.
- Lisbet's Missing Shipment: Retrieve a missing Dibella Statue for a struggling store.
- Note: This location is one of many potential targets for one or more of the radiant quests found on this page.
*Present if they survive No One Escapes Cidhna Mine quest. In addition to these NPC's there are; 2 leveled melee Forsworn (one will be located at the farm and the other in the middle tier); 2 leveled archer Forsworn (one will be located in the middle tier and the other on the highest tier); 1 Forsworn Briarheart (located on the highest tier).
Along the path leading to the camp is a tall tree with a bear trap on the ground under it and a set of bone chimes hanging from it. The exterior of the redoubt is home to a small camp of Forsworn. There are only two leveled Forsworn; one melee and one archer located in the camp outside for you to deal with before moving into the interior of the redoubt. The camp consists of a single tent containing a pile of hay that can be used for sleeping and a nightshade plant growing within. To the left of the tent a tree stump with mora tapinella growing on it. There is an iron ore vein located upstream from the camp on the southern shore, near a nirnroot, three growths of blisterwort fungus and another nightshade either side of the entrance to the cave, with more nightshade, hanging moss and blue mountain flowers growing around the camp.
Druadach Redoubt Cave
Upon entering there is a short tunnel with an iron ore vein a few steps ahead to your left, before emerging into the main cave, you will then have to cross a small stream via a bridge. The cave consists of three ascending ledge, with two paths leading up to the rear of the cave. On your left as your cross the bridge is a row of weapon racks holding a Forsworn bow and axe. Alternatively you can try and sneak around the bridge and onto the other side. After you have crossed the bridge there is a small farm consisting of fourteen potato plants, a goat, a grain mill and a wood chopping block, that is tended to by a single Forsworn. There is a table near the mill with a bucket containing potatoes and a Forsworn sword on top. To the right of the wood chopping block is a rack holding three salmon, a rabbit and pheasant. To the left of these are several barrels and sacks mostly containing food, however one of the barrels holds ingredients. There are two quicksilver ore veins along the northern wall beside the potato plants.
If you follow the ramp from the farm you will encounter the largest tier of the redoubt, despite being the largest tier, there is only two Forsworn for you to dispatch, one of these may be sleeping in the tent on the left, above the farm, while the other patrols the other end of the level. To the right of this tent is a grindstone under an oil lantern and bone chimes hanging from a tree. There is a level-locked chest just to the right of the eastern-most wooden ramp that leads up to the top tier. It is partially hidden by plant matter and is set back under the top tier, below a Juniper tree. On either side of the other path up to the middle tier are large tents, both of which have hay piles inside, one contains a deer hide and random healing potion, while the other contains a cow hide. Against the southwest wall, just before the southern ramp up to the highest tier is a tanning rack.
Climbing the southern ramp from the middle tier, you will have reached the highest tier of the redoubt, and this is where the 'boss' lurks often working at a forge, which is located near the northern ramp up to the top level. There are three steel ingots resting on the forge. (If you have completed No One Escapes Cidhna Mine it will be as easy as sneak killing them, as all the NPCs in the redoubt will be friendly if you sided with Madanach). On your right is another large tent containing a hay pile, with a sleeping leveled Forsworn. Beyond this there is a dead bandit to the right of a cage among the plant matter. In the center of this level is a campfire with a cooking spit hanging over it. Next to the fire is a long wooden table holding a selection of cooked meats.
Against the rear wall of the cave is a second tanning rack. To the left of this is another tent containing an unlocked chest (where any items you are sent here to recover will be located). Towards the front of this tier, against a large pillar of rock, west of the campfire is a set of shelves holding a copy of the Light Armor skill book The Rear Guard, a random magicka potion, a deer hide and some more raw meats. To the right of the shelves on the ground is a wolf pelt. Against the northeast wall of the cave is a long wooden table with a map of The Reach showing the locations of all Forsworn camps, a random enchanted dagger (see bugs), four loose gold coins, two lockpicks and a deer hide on top. Activating the map plots the locations of any undiscovered Forsworn camps, after which the map disappears from the table.
- Because the inhabitants are friendly after completing No One Escapes Cidhna Mine, any radiant quests which send you here can be easily completed by killing the target and walking out from the front door. Oddly, the friendly inhabitants do not attack you even if you kill the briarheart in plain view.
- The guards will all remain friendly even if neither Madanach nor any of his group actually escape Markarth alive, so long as you choose to side with them initially.
- The non-hostile Forsworn will also fight with Barbas and other special companions like the Dremora ButlerDB.
- Druadach Redoubt isn't marked as a cave, so cave-based radiant quests won't target it.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.3 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The enchanted dagger may clip through the table and be located beneath the ground, under the table, however careful searching should enable it to be found.
- Your horse will be hostile to the generic Forsworn here and will fight to the death even if they are non-hostile to you. It is probably best to walk here, or risk getting your horse slaughtered by your new friends.
- Do not bring any Creation Club pets (such as those added by the Dwarven Armored Mudcrab or Nix-Hound Creations) to this location, as they will be hostile towards the friendly Forsworn.
- Adding the pet to the DruadachRedoubtFaction faction (RefID
E3609) will fix this problem.
- Adding the pet to the DruadachRedoubtFaction faction (RefID
- One of the food sacks beneath the Rear Guard book can not be interacted.