||Wall of Flames
|Appears in random loot at level
|Purchase from (Destruction lvl 65+)
- Sprayed on the ground, it creates a wall of fire that does 50 points of fire damage per second.
Wall of Flames is an expert level Destruction spell that sprays fire on the ground, which deals fire damage and sets targets on fire, dealing 50% of the immediate spell damage, and scaling down quadratically over 2 seconds.
- Fire Barrier, 8 points for 1 second.
- This effect sets targets on fire, dealing 50% of the immediate spell damage, and scaling down quadratically over 2 seconds.
- Intense Flames Fear, 99 pts for 15 secs; if the Intense Flames perk has been unlocked
- Fire (HazardWallofFireSpell), 20 fire damage every 1 second and burning for more over another second. The hazard effect lasts for 30 seconds on the ground.[verification needed — see talk page]
- This effect sets targets on fire, dealing 10% of the immediate spell damage after the initial duration expires, and scaling down quadratically over 1 second.
- The lasting fire created by Wall of Flames will not cause damage to you or your allies. However, it will hurt them if you cast the spell directly at them. It's only approximately equivalent to the novice Flames spell though, so not too dangerous.
- You can surround yourself in flames and stand in the middle of them while enemies will take damage within melee range, or paint a line of fire directly between you and your enemies - they're not smart enough to go around it, and will even run back through it and take more damage as they flee from you if you have the Intense Flames perk.
- Like most Fire spells, it can be used to set off Runes or oil slicks from a safe distance. Also, casting it or merely having it ready to cast in an area with flammable gas will result in a massive explosion.
- A maximum of 10 'segments' of wall can be placed at a given time. Placing additional segments of wall will cause previously placed segments to disappear. However, each type of wall spell maintains this count independently.