Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
- 1 Featured Image Process
- 2 Current Featured Image
- 3 Nominations and Votes
Featured Image Process
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
|File:SR-quest-Dragon Rising 05.jpg
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured Image
- File:ON-creature-Dreadhorn Trampler 02.jpg
- File:ON-npc-Clan Mother Tadali.jpg
- File:ON-interior-Dreudurai Glass Mine.jpg
- File:ON-place-Nobles District 02.jpg
Nominations and Votes
A Draugr Deathlord, a prominent boss monster in the game, unleashing the Thu'um. Well-lit, and expertly timed. The blood on the axe is a cherry on top.
- Support: As nominator. Blowthemandown (talk) 20:14, 30 November 2021 (UTC)
- Weak Support: The blood took it over the top for me. If it could be retaken with higher graphical settings it would be greatly improved, though. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 16:10, 15 March 2022 (UTC)
- Weak Support: Exact-same sentiments as AKB— amazing shot, held back a bit by its graphical settings. If the subject popped from the background a bit more, and the textures weren't so "grainy", it would be perfect. —- Ingura (talk) 13:51, 13 July 2022 (UTC)
- Neutral: The pose is cool but the glare lighting up the ground takes me out of it, the other photos of this quest are much cooler imo. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 00:51, 24 July 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose: I think it would have been a great image at the time, but this image can easily be retaken in SE to be improved on.Zebendal (talk) 21:19, 22 March 2023 (UTC)
A very colourful action shot. Good contrast between the lava and the green jungle.
- Support: As nominator. —Legoless (talk) 22:21, 17 July 2022 (UTC)
- Support: Little guys up to some mischief The Rim of the Sky (talk) 00:51, 24 July 2022 (UTC)
- Support: Nice and dramatic.--Draugluin (talk) 04:35, 21 June 2023 (UTC)
A clear shot of an interesting-looking monster, with good color contrast. As a bonus, it shows off the atronach's transparency.
This shot is very cinematic. The framing itself says a lot, just an all-around great scene captured in a perfect way.
- Support: As nominator. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 19:16, 22 October 2022 (UTC)
- Support: Very dynamic. Blowthemandown (talk) 17:09, 24 October 2022 (UTC)
- Support: Nice bit of storytelling. --Talyyn (talk) 03:25, 22 March 2023 (UTC)
- Support: Spectacular composition! -MolagBallet (talk) 17:25, 11 April 2023 (UTC)
A high-quality place image. Shows off the location well and with great framing.
- Support: As nominator. —Legoless (talk) 11:30, 5 April 2023 (UTC)
- Support: Base game eso looks so good when the sun is actually out The Rim of the Sky (talk) 18:29, 21 June 2023 (UTC)
Woah, this pic goes hard. Sheogorath looks like he is in his ancient king mode in just the lower garment and crown and the timing of the trap shouting lighting is money. Love this picture, of this greatly designed statue, from this great dlc.
- Support: As nominator. Dcking20 (talk) 07:20, 17 April 2023 (UTC)
- Support: Strong central image & the detail on the stonework is very impressive. Also it's good to break up the long sequence of ESO images & show what the older games are capable of.--Draugluin (talk) 13:32, 20 June 2023 (UTC)
- Neutral: The rocky floor on the bottom takes too much space for me to fully support it. If the picture could be retaken slightly higher up with better resolution, to give us a better view of the lightning, I'd support it. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 18:29, 21 June 2023 (UTC)
A dynamic, expertly-timed picture of one of the most important plot events of the Shivering Isles, the appearance of Jyggalag.
- Support: As nominator.Blowthemandown (talk) 21:15, 17 May 2023 (UTC)
- Support —Legoless (talk) 16:26, 20 June 2023 (UTC)
- Support--Draugluin (talk) 04:34, 21 June 2023 (UTC)
- Weak Support: The scene captured is pretty great. Still, it suffers from the same problem as most pictures from 10+ years ago in that the resolution is too low, and as a result too blurry when closely looked at. I don't mind this for games like Redguard and Daggerfall where the resolution is inherently limited, but with current technology Oblivion does look much better in higher resolutions. If this picture could be retaken at the same shot I'd fully support it. There's a "freeze time" console command for Oblivion right? The Rim of the Sky (talk) 18:29, 21 June 2023 (UTC)