Online:Bright Moons, Warm Sands
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Read the letter.
- Speak to Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro.
- Pick up a training sword and equip it.
- Meet Ma'jha-dro outside.
- Spar with Ma'jha-dro.
- Investigate Star Haven Catacombs.
- Rescue the adepts and talk to one of them.
- Find the Dragonhorn and sound it.
- Distract the dragon inside Star Haven Adeptorium.
- Escape Star Haven.
- Speak to the Grand Adept.
You awaken in a room within the Star Haven Adeptorium. A voice from outside instructs you to pick up the key on the nearby table, as well as the note found on your persons. Apparently, you have just survived a Dragon attack, and have been healed by the monks here at Star Haven. Exit the room and speak with Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro, who beckons you forth.
- "Greetings. This one is Ma'hja-dro, Grand Adept of Star Haven.
He is glad to see you in good health, traveler. It is not every day that one survives a Dragon attack. Bright Moons must have blessed your path."
- There was a letter from Abnur Tharn. Do you know anything about it?
- "You were carrying that letter when we found you. It looked important, so we left it where you could find it.
But how do you feel, traveler? Did the Dragon cause any permanent damage?"
- No, I don't think so.
- "Let us test your strength then, yes?
Though this one is now Grand Adept, he once trained the warriors of Star Haven. Sadly, it has been many years since Ma'jha-dro last sparred with a pupil."
- You want to spar with me?
- "Not here, of course. This is no tavern brawl.
Collect a training sword and meet this one outside in the garden. Let us prove ourselves where Jone and Jode can see us."
You will find the training sword in a room to your right. Pick it up and proceed to the Star Haven Gardens.
Out in the gardens, there are Star Haven Adepts of many furstocks, meditating. The Grand Adept is in the middle of the gardens. Speak with him.
- "This one fears the Dragon that attacked you was only the beginning, traveler. Dark Moons loom on Elsweyr's horizon, of that Ma'jha-dro has little doubt.
But enough talk. We came here to spar, did we not?"
- Is sparring really the best way to determine if I'm fully recovered?
- "Ma'jha-dro can think of no better! Like the two divine Moons that dance in harmony, let the balance of your blade reflect the balance of your soul.
Are you prepared to start?"
- I'm ready to spar.
Upon approaching the Grand Adept, you will be gifted with a status effect called Sparring Stamina for five minutes.The Grand Adept draws his sword. Do the same.
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "Let us begin!"
Hit the Grand Adept with five light attacks.
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "Sleek work! You strike well, but can you guard?"
You will then need to block and retaliate with a heavy attack five times.
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "Such masterful strikes! But what if you are in distress?"
The Grand Adept will then test your ability to break free. He will throw five traps at you, which you will need to break free from. After that, you will need to bash Ma'jha-dro five times and retaliate with a heavy attack.
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "When your enemy charges their assault, strike! Interrupt their attack and punish their hesitation!"
And with that, your training is done.
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "How good it feels to spar with a student again. Come now, let us continue to the adeptorium."
Your schedule is interrupted by a strange sound in the distance.
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "Wait. Did you hear that?"
Suddenly, a dragon swoops in from the north!
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "A Dragon! Look out!"
The Grand Adept ducks, avoiding its fiery breath.
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "You must help the other adepts. Take the passage through the catacombs. This one must go warn Zamarak!"
The Star Haven catacombs are just to the west of where you sparred. Upon entering the catacombs, you hear a voice.
- Captain Carvain: "Spread out! Search the area and kill anyone who gets in our way."
Here is where the sneaking tutorial begins. Crouch and approach the skeleton that is banging against the nearby door, clearly left behind. Sneak up behind the skeleton and perform a sneak attack while crouched to kill it. Then enter the Halls of Eternal Rest. There is a weapon rack located at the entrance of the halls for you to take your pick from. There are also several enemies in these halls, including skeletons and Euraxian Necromancers for you to use those weapons on. If you take the path to the right in the Halls of Eternal Rest, you will have the option of picking the lock to the Relic Vault, which is guarded by a necromancer and a trivial lock. there is plenty of gear to pick up within the relic vault and around the halls.
Continue forth towards the Tomb of the Grand Adepts. You will find Captain Carvain, the voice from earlier, harassing a trio of Star Haven's adepts.
- Adept Izjadi: "Stop this! Star Haven's adepts are peaceful!"
When you approach, Captain Carvain will attack.
- Captain Carvain: "Another corpse for our army! How grand."
Defeat Captain Carvain and speak with Adept Izjadi.
- "Well, it looks like you've certainly recovered from your wounds. And just in time to put that Euraxian jekosiit in his place!
Ziss'vo, is this one grateful we found you in that wreckage."
- Do you know why the adeptorium is under attack?
- "The soldiers said they were searching for something, but they barely gave us any chance to respond before they started attacking.
It is best to leave. There is no reasoning with these maniacs."
- They have a Dragon as well. That makes escaping difficult.
- "Yes, this one heard its terrible voice. Like something out of a Moon-Singer's stories.
Izjadi had hoped to make her way to the Dragonhorn Tower, but she fears that fierce warriors now block her path. Not to mention the Dragon circling overhead."
- What's in the Dragonhorn Tower?
- "Atop the tower sits the Dragonhorn, said to ground Dragons with one mighty call. Though Izjadi is not sure if the legends are true, it is our best hope against such a brutal foe.
All we need is someone to blow the horn. It seems folly not to try."
- I'll find this Dragonhorn and see if it can defeat the Dragon.
- "Then you must exit the catacombs and follow the path north. There you will see the tower.
This one cannot promise the plan will work, of course. The Dragonhorn is very ancient, very brittle. But we must try, yes? Moons be with us."
You exit the catacombs through the door behind Adept Izjadi, and head into Star Haven Grounds. There are a good deal of Euraxian soldiers on the premises, and the Dragon is circling overhead. Make your way towards the Dragonhorn Tower. Climb the ladder up the tower to reach the horn. The horn is an old, decorated thing. Blow the horn as Izjadi instructed, and an unlucky Bahlokdaan will swoop around directly in front of it, effectively grounding himself. The horn breaks after you blow it. Hopefully the Khajiit won't need that horn in the future. Climb back down the ladder and head towards the adeptorium, where you'll find Zamarak and the Grand Adept.
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro "The Dragon may be subdued, but not for long. This one fears for those inside the adeptorium."
- Zamarak: "Then Zamarak and the traveler will go. You should take this chance to escape."
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro "Ma'jha-dro will not run while his disciples are in danger!"
- Zamarak: "As you wish. Let us be quick, then."
Follow them through the door into the Star Haven Adeptorium. Who should be beyond it but the very Dragon you forced to land, snacking on some dead adepts.
- Zamarak: "The beast blocks our way. We must fight."
Engage the Dragon. He will show you some of the hallmark abilities Dragons possess, including fire breath and snapping jaws. The Grand Adept will heal you with his restoration staff, and Zamarak will attack from a distance using his bow.
- Bahlokdaan: "Burn, fools!"
You won't be fighting for long, though. During the fight, a booming voice rings out, and the Dragon flies away.
- Kaalgrontiid: "Bahlokdaan, return to my side!"
- Zamarak: "The beast departs. Quick, let us leave."
Continue forward past where the Dragon stood, and escape into Star Haven Courtyard. Zamarak and Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro will converse as they flee.
- Zamarak: "Why did the Dragon flee?"
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "It was called away. This one heard its name on the wind. Bahlokdaan."
- Zamarak: "Called away? Do the Dragons work together?"
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "Perhaps. At the very least, this Dragon seems to have allied himself with the Euraxians."
- Zamarak: "The rebellion has begun."
- Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro: "Yes, this one is afraid it has."
When you arrive in the courtyard, the Grand Adept will beckon you forth. Speak with him to end the quest and receive your reward for aiding the adepts of Star Haven.
- This quest will serve as tutorial to the new Elsweyr characters.
|Bright Moons, Warm Sands|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective: Look Around
|A Khajiit outside my door mentioned a letter. I should find it.
Objective: Find the Letter
|I found the letter. I should see what it says.
Objective: Read the Letter
|The adepts left a key to my room, so I'm free to leave. I should take the key.
Objective: Take the Key
|Now that I picked up the key, I can unlock the door and leave my room. I should open the door.
Objective: Leave the Room
|Grand Adept Ma'jha-dro has come to check on me. I should speak to him.
Objective: Talk to Ma'jha-dro
Optional Step: Talk to Zamarak
|Ma'jha-dro wants to spar to see how well I healed. I should take a training sword from the nearby supply room.
Objective: Take the Training Sword
|I picked up the training sword. Now I need to equip the weapon before I can use it to spar with Ma'jha-dro.
Objective: Equip the Training Sword
|I should meet Ma'jha-dro in the gardens so that we can start sparring.
Objective: Meet Ma'jha-dro in the Gardens
|I found Ma'jha-dro in the gardens. I should let him know I'm ready to spar.
Objective: Talk to Ma'jha-dro
|I need to spar with Ma'jha-dro to determine if I'm fully healed.
Objective: Spar with Ma'jha-dro
|We finished sparring and Ma'jha-dro promised to lead me out of Star Haven. I should follow him.
Objective: Follow Ma'jha-dro
|A Dragon is attacking Star Haven. Ma'jha-dro told me there's another path through the catacombs that I can use to escape. I should make my way there.
Objective: Go to the Catacombs
|I need to get through the catacombs and keep an eye out for any adepts I might be able to help.
Objective: Traverse the Catacombs
Optional Step: Open the Relic Vault
|The Dragon isn't alone. Soldiers and necromancers are also attacking Star Haven, and I found some adepts that are in need of my help. I should save them.
Objective: Rescue the Adepts
|The adepts I rescued might be able to tell me more about what's going on. One seems less shaken by the attack than the others. I should find out what she knows.
Objective: Talk to Izjadi
|Izjadi told me of an old Akaviri Dragonhorn that was once used to combat Dragons. If I can find it, I might be able to ground the Dragon.
Objective: Find the Dragonhorn
|I should sound the Dragonhorn and hope it can ground the Dragon so that the adepts can escape.
Objective: Sound the Dragonhorn
|The horn worked, but the Dragon fell from the sky and crashed into the adeptorium. Ma'jha-dro wishes to check if there's any adepts still trapped inside. I should follow him into the adeptorium.
Objective: Go to the Adeptorium
|The Dragon now blocks our path forward. I'll need to battle him if my companions and I are to escape Star Haven Adeptorium.
Objective: Battle the Dragon
|The Dragon flew off suddenly. I should get out of the adeptorium and escape Star Haven.
Objective: Escape Star Haven
|We escaped Star Haven. Ma'jha-dro wants to speak with me.
Objective: Talk to Ma'jha-dro