|# Samples||59 (+4 cursed)|
- "The emerald is a transparent green gem with modest magical properties."
Emeralds are somewhat rare gems. There are no mines in Vvardenfell, and they are not carried by any creatures. The best places to look for them are Dwemer ruins, where they can be found in barrels, and Daedric shrines, where they are sometimes seen as offerings. Beware of the latter, however, as they may be cursed, causing a Dremora Lord to spawn behind you and automatically attack when you pick them up. These cursed gems (ID:
ingred_Dae_cursed_emerald_01) will not stack with regular emeralds, and can be combined together to make a potion with all four effects.
A special unique emerald is found in the Bloodmoon expansion. It is called "Pinetear" (ID:
ingred_emerald_pinetear), and is identical to standard emeralds in all but value - it is only worth 50 gold. It is needed for the quest, A Wife's Retribution.
The following vendors keep a restocking supply:
- Cocistian Quaspus (2) - Buckmoth Legion Fort
- Craetia Jullalian (2) - Guild of Mages, Foreign Quarter, Vivec
- Folvys Andalor (3) - Ald'ruhn Temple, Ald'ruhn
- Irna Maryon (2) - Tower Entry, Tel Aruhn
- Scelian Plebo (2) - Imperial Shrine Wolverine Hall, Sadrith Mora
Greatest number of loose samples: