The Void (also called the Darkness) is the name applied to the dimensions outside of the known realms (e.g. Aetherius, Oblivion, and Mundus) of the Aurbis. It is also occasionally used in a more limited capacity to refer directly to Oblivion. The brothers Anu and Padomay came from the Void, as well as Sithis, who originally caused change in the world. According to the Dark Brotherhood, when Sithis wishes someone killed, their soul comes here after death. Legends say that deities wishing to create a new plane of existence must initially create a space for it in the Void. The "Second Void" and the "Nineteen Voids" are unknown terms which may be related to this dimension.[UOL 1]
- ^ a b The Monomyth
- ^ The Book of Daedra
- ^ Spirit of the Daedra
- ^ Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: Arena Supermundus: The Tapestry of Heaven — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- ^ Dialogue of Dark Brotherhood members.
- ^ Varieties of Faith... — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College
- ^ Lyranth the Foolkiller Answers Your Questions — Lyranth the Foolkiller
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.
- ^ Interview With Two Denizens of the Shivering Isles at the Imperial Library