Online:Zone Guide/Clockwork City
The Clockwork City, also known as Sotha Sil, after its creator, is said to be a great and intricate mechanism that duplicates the mythic structures of Nirn in metallic miniature. Only Seht himself knows its true purpose.
- 1 Zone Story Quests
- 2 Wayshrines
- 3 Cave Delver
- 4 Points of Interest
- 5 Pathfinder
- 6 Set Stations
- 7 World Bosses
- 8 Skyshard Hunter
- 9 Shalidor's Library Books
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- To The Clockwork City: Join Divayth Fyr on a unique expedition to a land of curiosity and contradiction.
- In Search of a Sponsor: Gain sponsorship in order to become a citizen of the Clockwork City.
- The Strangeness of Seht: Investigate Sotha Sil's recent change of character.
- Deepening Shadows: Locate Chancellor Gascone Dusant of the Congress of Calibration.
- Lost in the Gloam: Assist the Blackfeather Court to reclaim a mysterious key.
- Unto the Dark: Pursue the Shadow of Sotha Sil to the center of the Clockwork City.
- Where Shadows Lie: Save the Clockwork God.
- The Light of Knowledge: Meet Sotha Sil and Divayth Fyr at the Elegiac Replication.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- Brass Fortress Wayshrine — Located in the Brass Fortress.
- Clockwork Crossroads Wayshrine — Immediately south of the Brass Fortress and west of the Mnemonic Planisphere.
- Mire Mechanica Wayshrine — A wayshrine located above the Mire Mechanica and west of the Everwound Wellspring
- Sanctuary Wayshrine — A wayshrine located in the western Clockwork City, south of the Sanctuary of Verification.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
- Halls of Regulation — A malfunctioning water treatment facility in the eastern Clockwork City.
- The Shadow Cleft — A delve accessible through a portal that opened up south of the Clockwork Crossroads Wayshrine.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- Brass Fortress — A city built by Sotha Sil that serves as the main settlement and hub of the Clockwork City.
- Everwound Wellspring — A farming facility in the northeast of the Clockwork City run by Lector Naril.
- Mnemonic Planisphere — A memory storage facility in the central Clockwork City.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Barilzar's Eighth Laboratory — A disused laboratory once belonging to Barilzar.
- Elegiac Replication — A garden created by Sotha Sil himself.
- Insalubrious Effluvium — An unpleasant canyon south of the Brass Fortress filled with hostile fabricants and factotums.
- Mire Mechanica — A swampy eastern region of Clockwork City that flows into the Halls of Regulation.
- Vale of Tiers — A trench filled with factotums that has gained mythical status with the tarnished of Slag Town.
- Ventral Terminus — A Clockwork facility overrun by Skaafin
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- Pavilion of Artifice — A crafting site found in the central Clockwork City, south of the Clockwork Crossroads Wayshrine.
- The Refurbishing Yard — A crafting site located in the eastern Clockwork City, near Mire Mechanica.
- Restricted Brassworks — A crafting site located in the Reactor District in the western part of Brass Fortress.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- Exarchs' Egress — A portal leading to Evergloam where three crow wraiths await: Abathoth, Ithoxis, and Ssatinot.
- Sanctuary of Verification — A group boss location in Clockwork City.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|Beneath the drainage pipes along the river.||Insalubrious Effluvium|
|Soaking near a fluid pump north of the Pavilion of Artifice.||North of the Pavilion of Artifice|
|By the collapsed pipes in the Mechanical Fundament.||In the southeast corner of the Mechanical Fundament, on the lower level|
|On the lip of the Skybridge.||On the Skybridge in the Brass Fortress, accessed via the Reactor District|
|In a junction with three exits in the Halls of Regulation.||In a room on the south side of the Halls of Regulation|
|Amidst the wafts in the Shadow Cleft.||Down a waterfall on the east side of The Shadow Cleft|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- The House of Troubles — Chronicle of the Daedra who decided not to submit to the Tribunal
- Monomyth: The Heart of the World — The Monomyth: The Altmeri — "The Heart of the World."
- The Devouring of Gil-Var-Delle by Fastor — On the mysterious destruction of an ancient Valenwood township
- Crow and Raven: Three Short Fables — A series of morals
- The Doors of Oblivion, Part 2 by Seif-ij Hidja — The chronicle of Morian Zenas' journey through the realms of Oblivion, penned by his apprentice
- Varieties of Faith: The Dark Elves by Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College — A summary of the Dunmeri pantheon