The dreadful Oblivion plane of Coldharbour is a place of death, despair, and infinite cruelty. It is ruled by Molag Bal, the Lord of Brutality and Domination, a Daedric Prince dedicated to enslaving all the mortals of Nirn.
Zone Story Quests
Zone Story Quests are the main story arc for the zone. Completing these quests can award you with skill points, experience, gold, and gear.
- The Hollow City: Set up a base of operations in the Hollow City.
- The Army of Meridia: Build an army to take on a Daedric Prince.
- Vanus Unleashed: Prevent the Daedra from using Galerion's essence to power the Planemeld.
- Breaking the Shackle: Destroy Molag Bal's Great Shackle.
- Into the Woods: Search a dark forest for signs of the Fighters Guild.
- The Shadow's Embrace: Convince the Shadow Walkers to break their pact with Molag Bal.
- Light from the Darkness: Free the Last Ayleid King.
- Crossing the Chasm: Secure the Chasm and gain access to Molag Bal's personal domain.
- The Harvest Heart: Eliminate or ally with the enslaved vampires of the Orchard.
- The Citadel Must Fall: Storm the Dremora defenses to reach the Endless Stair.
- The Final Assault: Launch an assault on the Endless Stair and destroy the Planar Vortex.
Wayshrines allow free, instantaneous travel between wayshrines that have been discovered and unlocked. You can also travel directly to any unlocked wayshrine from anywhere in the world for a small amount of gold.
- The Chasm Wayshrine — Located just south of the Chasm.
- Court of Contempt Wayshrine — Located east of the Court of Contempt.
- Endless Stair Wayshrine — Located south of the Endless Stair.
- Everfull Flagon Wayshrine — Located northwest of the Everfull Flagon.
- Great Shackle Wayshrine — Located just west of the Great Shackle.
- Haj Uxith Wayshrine — Located east of Haj Uxith.
- Hollow City Wayshrine — Located in the west of the Hollow City, near the exit to the Shrouded Plain.
- Library of Dusk Wayshrine — Located northwest of the Library of Dusk.
- Manor of Revelry Wayshrine — Located just outside of the Manor of Revelry.
- Moonless Walk Wayshrine — Located west-northwest of the Moonless Walk.
- The Orchard Wayshrine — Located south of the Orchard.
- Reaver Citadel Wayshrine — Located south of the Reaver Citadel.
- Shrouded Plains Wayshrine — Located north of the Tower of Lies in western Coldharbour.
Delves are solo-able dungeons found throughout the world. Delves will always contain a single skyshard and a boss who drops item set gear.
- Aba-Loria — An Ayleid ruin in central Coldharbour, east of the Spurned Peak containing Worm cultists.
- The Cave of Trophies — A cave in central Coldharbour, just southeast of the Cliffs of Failure containing Daedra.
- The Grotto of Depravity — A cave in southern Coldharbour, southwest of the Hollow City containing Daedra.
- Mal Sorra's Tomb — A Dunmer tomb in central Coldharbour, southwest of the Orchard containing undead.
- The Vault of Haman Forgefire — A Nordic ruin in southeastern Coldharbour, north of the Everfull Flagon containing Draugr.
- The Wailing Maw — A cave in northeastern Coldharbour, northeast of the Lost Fleet containing Daedra.
Points of Interest
Points of Interest are self-contained stories that explore the lore, characters, and locations within a zone. These can award you with experience, gold, and gear.
- The Black Forge — A Daedric ruin in eastern Coldharbour.
- The Chasm — A battlefield in central Coldharbour, just north of the Hollow City.
- Cliffs of Failure — A battlefield in eastern Coldharbour, northeast of the Hollow City.
- Court of Contempt — A Daedric ruin in Coldharbour, northeast of the Hollow City.
- The Endless Stair — Molag Bal's citadel in northern Coldharbour.
- The Everfull Flagon — A tavern in southeastern Coldharbour.
- The Great Shackle — A Daedric ruin in eastern Coldharbour.
- Haj Uxith — An Argonian village in southwestern Coldharbour, southwest of the Library of Dusk.
- The Hollow City — A city in central Coldharbour.
- Library of Dusk — An Ayleid ruin in southern Coldharbour, west of the Hollow City.
- The Lightless Oubliette — A Daedric ruin in western Coldharbour.
- The Lost Fleet — A ship graveyard in northeastern Coldharbour.
- The Manor of Revelry — A Daedric ruin in northern Coldharbour, northwest of the Orchard.
- The Moonless Walk — A forest in western Coldharbour, east of the Lightless Oubliette.
- The Orchard — A large cemetery in central Coldharbour, across the Chasm north of the Hollow City.
- The Reaver Citadel — A fortress in northern Coldharbour which was once a city in Tamriel.
- Spurned Peak — A tower in northwestern Coldharbour.
- Tower of Lies — A mine in central Coldharbour, northwest of the Hollow City.
- The Vile Laboratory — A Dwemer ruin in southern Coldharbour, southeast of the Hollow City.
Striking Locales are places of interest within the world. Discovering all of the Striking Locales in a zone will award that zone's Pathfinder achievement.
- Cadwell's Hovel — Located south of the Hollow City in southern Coldharbour.
- Endless Overlook — Located east of the Endless Stair in northern Coldharbour.
- Fighters Guildhall — Located in the northeast corner of the Hollow City.
- Forsaken Village — Located northwest of the Hollow City in central Coldharbour.
- Mages Guildhall — Located in the southwest corner of the Hollow City.
- Shrine of Kyne — Located southeast of The Everfull Flagon in southeastern Coldharbour.
- Survivor's Camp — Located east of the Reaver Citadel in northern Coldharbour.
Set Stations are locations in the world where you can craft items with specific item set bonuses.
- Deathspinner's Lair — The site of a ruined windmill in Coldharbour.
- Font of Schemes — A Daedric ruin in western Coldharbour.
Public Dungeons are open world dungeons found throughout Tamriel and beyond. These are designed for four player groups. Completing different parts of Public Dungeons can award you with a skill point, experience, gold, and gear.
World Bosses are difficult enemies meant to be tackled by a group of adventurers. Defeating a world boss can award you higher tier gear.
- Aba-Darre — An Ayleid well in northwestern Coldharbour, east of Spurned Peak.
- Cynhamoth's Grove — A grove in northern Coldharbour, west of the Orchard.
- Daedroth Larder — A burned out house in central Coldharbour, just northwest of the Court of Contempt.
- Duriatundur's Killing Field — A clearing in northwestern Coldharbour, just north of the Moonless Walk.
- Risen Court — A ritual site in northern Coldharbour, just east of the Manor of Revelry.
- Zemarek's Hollow — A small ruin in central Coldharbour, just east of the Vile Laboratory.
Skyshards are scattered throughout the world and can be identified by the bright beam of white light they emanate. Discovering three Skyshards will grant you a skill point, which can be used to unlock or morph new abilities.
|East of the bastion of deceit.||At the bottom of the Tower of Lies, near the water||When you enter this area, you will not be able to escape via normal means without finishing the quest here.|
|Discarded from the mages' walls.||South of the Mages Guildhall outside of the city|
|Seek a shattered bridge suspended.||Outside The Lightless Oubliette, west of Moonless Walk Wayshrine, in the water|
|Unfit for court.||Just outside the south wall of the Court of Contempt|
|Ejected from the Village.||Southwest of Village of the Lost, in the water|
|Among the vessel's burnt cousins.||Near The Everfull Flagon Tavern, surrounded by Soul Shriven|
|In the Chasm's western watchtower.||In The Chasm, west of portal||†|
|Not invited into the plotting wives' home.||Outside the Manor of Revelry, behind the broken wall||†|
|Washed to strange shores with the fleet.||At The Lost Fleet, go through the Coral Tower Tunnel to the other end. Exiting the tunnel turn right, skyshard is in the water on coral.||†||You cannot enter the Coral Tower Tunnel without starting the Between Blood and Bone quest. However, it is possible to reach the top of the tower by climbing up a fallen mast just west of The Wailing Maw. You will probably need Major Expedition or some other Movement Speed improvement to make the jump. Sorcerers can use Bolt Escape instead.|
|Among the bones of Aba-Loria.||Aba-Loria, side room downstairs after coming out of the main room.|
|Enduring Forgefire's flames.||The Vault of Haman Forgefire, top room in lava|
|Seek the deepest depravity.||The Grotto of Depravity, top left, in the water|
|Entombed in the Orchard.||Mal Sorra's Tomb, Large room left of the entrance||†|
|One of the hunters' many prides.||The Cave of Trophies, bottom room on the left, full of Clannfear & Dremora|
|Where endless cries issue forth.||The Wailing Maw, big room, bottom right with Frost Atronach||†|
|Behind disaster-claimed Dunmer hall.||Village of the Lost, western side of the 'Ruins of Silver Run' island|
Shalidor's Library Books
Shalidor's Library Books are scattered throughout the world. These books are identified by their distinctive purple glow. Discovering these books will improve your Mages Guild rank and advance the associated skill line.
- The Black Forge by Kyngald Nazkrixor — A report outlining the construction of the Great Shackle
- Chaotic Creatia: The Azure Plasm by Doctor Rhythandius — An academic study into Daedric summoning and Azure Plasm
- Exegesis of Merid-Nunda by Phrastus of Elinhir — Thoughts on a rare manuscript
- I was Summoned by a Mortal by Kynval Zzedenkathik of Clan Deathbringer — A humorous tale of a Dremora's summoning
- The Library of Dusk: Rare Books — An inventory of rare manuscripts
- A Life of Strife and Struggle by King Laloriaran Dynar — Notes for the personal memoirs of King Laloriaran Dynar, "Last King of the Ayleids"
- The Lightless Oubliette — Kynbriefing for the Lightless Oubliette
- Oath of a Dishonored Clan by Lyranth — A Daedric oath
- Protocols of the Court of Contempt by Judge Xiven — Protocols for a Daedric court
- The Whithering of Delodiil by Unknown — An Ayleid legend surrounding the rivalry between two cities and their Daedric patrons